PRICES & HOURS
We have invested in a brand new 3.5 tonne 2 horse lorry built by First Horsesboxes. This includes:
- The latest safety features – no breastbar for horses to get stuck on.
- Easy to drive and can be driven on a normal car license.
- Good fuel economy.
- We have insured the lorry so it can be driven by anyone 22 & over. (22-24yrs = £20 supplement onto hire fee) Most companies will only hire to 25+.
- The cab has a good sound system, air conditioning, seating for 3 and a large screen for a camera through to the horses & reversing.
- The horse area is very roomy and will take large horses easily.
- There are oversized windows for extra ventilation and a roof vent.
- The partitions are full height for extra safety when travelling 2 strange horses together.
- The ramp is very shallow with bi-folding top doors so no chance of horses banging their heads.
- The ramp is on the passenger side.
- The storage area at the back is compact to keep the weight down, but has a large back door, hanging space and tack space for up to 2 saddles.
- Payload just under 1000kg. It is your responsibility to make sure you are within the legal weight limit.
|HALF DAY (AM)||0630-1230||£60||Online|
|HALF DAY (PM)||1300-1900||£60||Online|
|2-DAY HIRE||£175||Call or Text to Book|
|3-DAY HIRE||£250||Call or Text to Book|
|4-DAY HIRE||£325||Call or Text to Book|
|5+ DAY HIRE||Please call to discuss|
Night before pick-up at no extra charge, when possible.
|14 days or more before hire period||Full Refund|
|Less than 14 days before hire period||No Refund but an alternative date may be offered subject to availability.|
Hire is subject to our full Terms & Conditions of Horsebox Rental.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS:
- Only named drivers meeting our eligibility and identification criteria and signing the Hire Agreement may drive the horsebox.
- We will not rent out the horsebox to persons:- with more than 6 motoring conviction points in the past 5 years;
– with non-motoring convictions, unless spent;
– having a medical condition declarable to the relevant licence issuing authority, unless such condition has been declared and a licence or letter of authorisation to drive issued;
– who have had any insurance declined, cancelled, rental refused or special terms imposed on them;
– who, in the last three years, have had more than one fault accident or more than two non-fault accidents (a “fault accident” being where a 100% recovery of all costs from a third party has not been made); or
– involved in the following occupations: professional sports, professional entertainment, gambling industry, press of any sort and, foreign services, unless a UK or EU licence has been held for two years unless our insurer consents to the rental (which may incur an additional fee).
- Each driver must produce their original photo card licence or pre-1998 paper-only licence before we will release the horsebox. We will not accept copies.
- In addition each driver must present the following identification when collecting the horsebox:
a. Atleast one utility bill, or other bill except mobile telephone bills, that are less than 90 days old and that identify each driver with their address and licence; and
b. Unless the driving licence produced is a photo card licence, a original passport or photo ID card.
- We strongly recommend that horses carried are insured and accustomed to travelling.
- Strictly no smoking.
- Strictly no dogs are allowed in the horsebox including cab area.
- Maximum daily mileage allowance is 300 miles.
- Horsebox must be returned:
– by agreed time on the last day of the hire period.
– late return without agreement may incur a penalty.
– with a full tank of diesel.
– clean with horse area fully swept out.
- Security deposit may be called upon if you:
– Exceed the mileage allowance (charged at 35p per mile).
– Return the horsebox late – after 7pm unless by prior arrangement (£30 charge).
– Return the horsebox with less than full a tank of diesel (£20 charge plus fuel).
– If the horsebox is damaged. (Cost of damage)
– If you return the horsebox insufficiently cleaned (£40 charge).
HORSEBOX AVAILABILITY (not trailer)
To check availability click on New / Returning Customers (as appropriate) & then choose AM, PM or Full Day period & calendar will appear highlighting those dates available.
Note: if you are flexible on AM or PM hire then check both options as availability may differ.
HOW TO BOOK HORSEBOX
Ensure that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions.
Get your DVLA Code – HERE
Go to Availability Calendar – select date and follow instructions including payment.
Print-off and complete Hirer’s Agreement.
Pay £150 Damage Deposit 48 hours prior to Hire Period via PayPal ‘Buy Now’ button below.
Bring following documentation with you on day of hire:
- Hirer’s Agreement
- Valid Driving Licence
- Proof of Address (utility bill or bank statement from last 3 months)
- Proof of Identity (Passport or Photo ID)