Hire is subject to our full Terms & Conditions of Horsebox Rental.
Read the Full Terms & Conditions HERE.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS:
• Only named drivers meeting our eligibility and identification criteria and signing the Hire Agreement may drive the horsebox.
• We hire to drivers aged 22-24 year olds.
• We will not rent out the horsebox to persons:
– with more than 6 motoring conviction points in the past 5 years;
– with non-motoring convictions, unless spent;
– having a medical condition declarable to the relevant licence issuing authority, unless such condition has been declared and a licence or letter of authorisation to drive issued;
– who have had any insurance declined, cancelled, rental refused or special terms imposed on them;
– who, in the last three years, have had more than one fault accident or more than two non-fault accidents (a “fault accident” being where a 100% recovery of all costs from a third party has not been made); or
– involved in the following occupations: professional sports, professional entertainment, gambling industry, press of any sort and, foreign services, unless a UK or EU licence has been held for two years unless our insurer consents to the rental (which may incur an additional fee).
• Each driver must produce their original photo card licence or pre-1998 paper-only licence before we will release the horsebox. We will not accept copies.In addition each driver must present the following identification when collecting the horsebox:
a. Atleast one utility bill, or other bill except mobile telephone bills, that are less than 90 days old and that identify each driver with their address and licence; and
b. Unless the driving licence produced is a photo card licence, a original passport or photo ID card.
• We strongly recommend that horses carried are insured and accustomed to travelling.
• Strictly no smoking.
• Strictly no dogs are allowed in the horsebox including cab area.
• Maximum daily mileage allowance is 300 miles.
• Horsebox must be returned:
– by agreed time on the last day of the hire period.
– late return without agreement may incur a penalty.
– with a full tank of diesel.
– clean with horse area fully swept out.
• Security deposit may be called upon if you:
– Exceed the mileage allowance (charged at 35p per mile).
– Return the horsebox late – after 7pm unless by prior arrangement (£30 charge).
– Return the horsebox with less than full a tank of diesel (£20 charge plus fuel).
– If the horsebox is damaged (cost of damage).
– If you return the horsebox insufficiently cleaned (£40 charge).